Studies have shown that High Flow Nasal Cannula System therapy is effective in treating adult and pediatric patients suffering from respiratory failure. The importance of each benefit depends on the etiology of the respiratory failure and the patient’s circumstances.
The High Flow nasal cannula system is a safe and effective respiratory therapy system for invasive and non-invasive patients who breathe spontaneously.
Below, I will mention some of the Heated and humidified benefits.
- Firstly, It has been suggested that heated and humidified oxygen might decrease airway inflammation, reduce secretion clearance, and reduce energy expenditure.
- Secondly, High-flow nasal cannula delivers exceedingly high flow rates of gas to match a patient’s inspiratory flow requirements.
- Thirdly, HFNC therapy is more comfortable for patients due to the warmed and humidified gases, therefore, it will be more comfortable than traditional oxygen therapy.
- Patients may present higher compliance with HFNC and an improvement in the patient’s oxygenation and work of breathing and most importantly, HFNC gives you a continuous flow of fresh gas at high-flow rates replacing or washing out the patient’s pharyngeal dead space.
In conclusion, the benefits mentioned above come because of the high flow rates that can be delivered during therapy.
- Real-time SPO2 monitoring
- Real-time Pulse Rate monitoring
- 365 data recording
- Accumulative 1 / 7 / 30 days of data screen view
- 100% humidification
- 21% to 100% oxygen purity delivery
- Touch screen
- One button operation
- 12 alarm functions
- Night screen function
- Cost-effective disposables
- High flow and low flow function setting (no additional disposables needed
- Can be used in home and hospital settings
- Temperature setting 29 to 37°C
- Flow range setting 2l to 60l
- TF Card recordings
- USB Interface
- Pediatrics ≥3kg (not suggested for infants)